Sunday, February 1, 2009

3 semester+ 3 different people + living on the 3rd floor = new 9th thought.

2:38 in the morning and i have a lot of nothing on my mind.

Not really that's a lie if i ever told one...i always have something on my mind....its a constant thing.

Just to get it off my chest...the cardinals should have won the super bowl. okay now that I'm done with that, lets move on.

Umm.

Love to me is something that's very valuable in my life. That's what has been on my mind for the most part ever since I've came back to Brooklyn. The simple fact that LOVE is really important to me. And I don't mean the "love" that you can say with anything. I despise when people throw this word around. I feel that it's very dismissive and that it tarnishes the meaning to the core. I mean the word is powerful and should not be abused.

I can't live life without LOVE. I need the LOVE of my parents. Absolutely need it. And to lose one of those people, it's like losing one of your pillars you need to stand strong. Thinking way back then - over 7 or 8 years ago - when my father was around, I didn't realize he could possibly pass away...cause in my eyes he was Superman.

And then he's gone.


.....time passes....


Then comes a time when I feel like I'm left with a void that needs to be filled...a hole where my Father used to be. I start to see this a more and more, little by little - as I learn to cope.

More sooner than later, a person comes along and changes my life. Figuratively. She was - at the time - someone who I can truly say that I LOVED...she was someone who temporarily filled that void...and not fully filled it at that. But she made me forget that I was at a loss, because we had LOVE for each other. She made me forget for about 4 years. But as they say, "all that is golden, doesn't shine forever".

She leaves. And this void that I forgot about is back onto me with extra. She takes my trust.

So now - I come to Brooklyn. A place that I felt compelled to come to. A place to find myself.

A place to maybe heal.

I come to Brooklyn and I'm amazed by all the different people. I cross the bridge and I'm caught up in all the flashing lights of Manhattan. I'm intrigued by the different lifestyles that all converge at this mecca. I'm more lost than ever. And I still can't seem to heal.

Then I stumble upon her.

Someone who doesn't make me forget. But doesn't make it hurt either. She knows and acts more than what her age allows, but she still is vibrant and youthful. And to think that she could possibly fill the void that I have been trying to heal for almost a decade...scares me.

It's terrifying.

I'm used to this void now. I still can't deal with it but I am used to it now. And for this girl to come into my life, get to know me and know how to comfort me in less than 6 months is scary. It is horrifying because I don't know why.

Why?

Why is she the only person that I know that can make me feel this way?

And why does she know that she can make me feel this way?

I also feel like she is important to me. I don't really want her to be though. I don't want to care about her really. I don't want to be hurt again. She tells me she "loves" me. She tells me she wants me to say that I "love" her. I don't. Because I am afraid that I LOVE her.


(this has to be the realist thought i ever wrote.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

son that was the realist shit ever. o man